In this, the second of our articles on different storage options, we look at self storage and examine what you need to consider. In one sense, fundamentally the same things apply as for business storage, but with key some differences. We’ll refresh our list shortly, but in the interim let’s think about when we might want to consider self storage:
- moving house, and you need a temporary but secure (and accessible) place to store your household belongings
- “de-cluttering” – you haven’t the heart to throw all that stuff in the loft or blocking up the back of cupboards away, but you want to reclaim the space … or perhaps you’re selling your house and want to show it off in its best light!
- home business – you could be selling (or buying) on eBay frequently and need somewhere to keep your goods, or running a small business from home and you need more space to store your products, or perhaps you’ve written a book and need somewhere to store all the printed copies that you hope people will buy one day (fingers crossed!) …
- home from travels or university, and you need somewhere to store everything
Whatever your reason, self storage can be a practical, pragmatic and affordable solution to renting more space quickly and easily and with the minimum of fuss.
What are the key benefits of self storage?
Assuming that you find the right supplier, there should be several:
- value for money – you only pay for the space that you need
- commitment – you don’t have to sign up for long term deals – you may not KNOW precisely how long you need the space for!
- notice period – you don’t have to give unreasonable notice to end the agreement
- speed – you sign up and move your stuff quickly
- assistance – with things like boxes and packing materials and even van hire recommendations
What factors do you need to consider?
Let’s run through some of the key things on our list again:
- Location – particularly if you need regular or frequent access to the items
- Security – you need the peace of mind that your valuable items are safe (anti-theft, clean, dry, fire-proof etc.)
- Availability – you may need some items at very short notice, or perhaps regularly if you’re running a business from home
- Customer Service – this needs to be prompt, efficient, helpful and knowledgeable. Naturally!
Where do I find someone who can do all this for me?
You already have!! Here at Chelsea Storage we’ve been providing flexible self storage (and other options) for thirty years. Our highly trained staff are experts in their field, and can advise you on all aspects of self storage and recommend the best and most cost-effective options for you. We are conveniently located a short walk from the Kings Road in Chelsea, and have satisfied clients across London who can testify to our capability and customer service. You might like to try our space calculator if you don’t know how much space you might need – but feel free to call us anytime on 0808 168 1310 (Freephone) or 0207 351 6800 and we’ll be happy to answer your questions. You might also want to click here for our home page or here if you want to contact us on-line.