We’ve talked a lot about the benefits of personal and business storage, and all the things to look out for. We thought it might be fun this month to revisit – after a gap of a year or so – some of the reasons often given for NOT doing it … and see if we can debunk any myths!
So, whether you’re moving house, de-cluttering, running a home business, home from travels or university, decorating, having an extension, running out of space, whatever, read on!
So why SHOULDN’T I consider personal storage?
Because most stored objects depreciate in value.
- Well, that may be the case for certain types of item, but this assumes that you put a financial value on your belongings. And as we know, some things we can’t put a value on can we? Old photos, school reports, your collection of vinyls, children’s toys. To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, there are some who know the price of everything and the value of nothing …
All you’ll do is buy more “stuff”!
- Have you ever put anything in the loft and thought “do I really need to keep this?” … and then found it months or even years later, considered throwing it away, but thought “maybe it will come in handy some day”? We thought so. We’re a nation of hoarders, what’s the problem? (And by the way – maybe it will come in handy some day!)
Personal storage can be costly.
- Not if you find the right supplier, where you only pay for the space that you need for the items that you store, where you don’t need to enter into long-term contracts, where you don’t have a long notice period, where the T&C’s are flexible, and where the customer service is second to none
There are security concerns.
- Not if your supplier has round the clock monitoring, BT Redcare, and secure ring-fenced partitions
If you can store it for years and never look at it, you can live without it.
- This harks back to the previous point about buying more stuff. Notwithstanding whether it has any “value” or not, some things are simply too important to throw away – aren’t they?
If you’re not convinced – why not take the opportunity offered by the prospect of putting things into personal storage to have an audit. Realistically, there probably are some things that can go – but there’ll be a whole load of things that can’t. It can a very enjoyable, not to say eye-opening, experience clearing a loft for example – and we’re sure you’ll have some pleasant surprises along the way!
Look no further!
Here at Chelsea Storage we’ve been providing flexible and cost-effective self and personal storage – as well as business storage – for over thirty years now.
We are conveniently located a short walk from the Kings Road in Fulham, and have satisfied clients right across London who can testify to our capability and customer service.
Our flexible approach means that you can access your items from their secure storage units whenever you need them.
If you’re interested in how we can help you, please call us anytime on 0808 168 1310 (Freephone) or 0207 351 6800
Alternatively, click on the following link to go straight to our page on personal storage:
AND HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL