A reminder of the 7 absolute “must haves” of business storage
We’ve taken a broad look at storage in recent months, covering many angles including business storage, personal storage, moving home or premises, refurbishments, and facts about the storage containers themselves.
We’re now returning to business storage, and we’ll begin with a reminder of the 7 “must haves”:
- Location. Clearly this is important, particularly if you need regular or frequent access to the items; but even if you don’t, it will be very inconvenient if you have to make long journeys in traffic to deposit and retrieve your items
- Security. You need to take it for granted – and be absolutely confident – that your items are 100% secure. And we don’t just mean from theft – the environment must be clean, dry, adequately protected from fire and flooding, and rigidly separated from other people’s items
- Flexibility. You may not always know how long you want your items stored for – days, weeks, months, or longer – or you may not want a fixed term at all. The T&C’s should allow for maximum flexibility
- Access. You may be leaving your items untouched for a while. You may, however, want to access them regularly (for example if you are selling them on eBay or simply “out-sourcing space”). Or you may have stored something accidentally. Either way you need your business storage solution to give you access whenever you need it
- Service. Well, this should always be a given shouldn’t it? (But sadly it often isn’t!) We’d go further than (although we’d include) characteristics like prompt, efficient, helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. We’d also go further than a desire to “go the extra mile” to make the customer happy. We’d go as far as to say a mandate to delight the customer …
- Track record. The best guide to future success is past success! You need the reassurance that your supplier of business storage has an outstanding track record of success and has a contented customer base that you can check in with as references
- Value for money. You’ll want all the above, but you won’t want a pricing structure that outweighs the benefits – and you’ll only want to pay for the storage space that you actually need
The “Critical Non Essentials” or CNE’s …
There’s little dispute about the seven items above. There are, however, some other factors worth considering which, while not perhaps essential, could be perceived as critical …
and if you’re interested in a more detailed look into this idea of CNE’s you should check out the work of Dr. Paddi Lund here …
Here are some of them:
- is 24-hour monitoring available?
- is BT redcare available?
- what’s the minimum amount of space that you can utilise?
- can you get storage cartons and tape?
- can you get recommendations on local removal and transport companies?
- can you benefit from discounts by pre-paying and/or committing to longer space rentals?
Chelsea Self Storage
The good news is – you’ve found one! Here at Chelsea Storage we’ve been providing business storage (as well as personal) for thirty years. Our highly trained staff are experts in their field, and have an outstanding successful track record in advising and helping businesses to manage their storage requirements – big or small, long-term or short-term, complex or straightforward.
We are conveniently located a short walk from the Kings Road in Chelsea, and have satisfied clients across London who can testify to our capability and customer service.
Alternatively, call us on 0808 168 1310 (Freephone) or 0207 351 6800
We’re ready to delight you!