In this, our first in what will be a series of regular articles, we’ll be taking a general look at the key things that you need to be thinking about when considering your own business storage solution.
When you’re looking for somewhere to store your valuable business items, there are several factors that you need to consider:
- Location. Clearly this is important, particularly if you need regular or frequent access to the items.
- Security. We’re talking about all aspects of security here – anti-theft, clean, dry, fire-proof etc.
- Flexibility. You may not always know how long you want your items stored for: days, weeks, months, or longer.
- Access. You may be leaving your items untouched for a while. You may, on the other hand, want to access them regularly (for example if you are selling them on eBay or simply “out-sourcing space”).
- Service. This needs to be a given: prompt, efficient, helpful and knowledgeable customer service.
- Track record. A contented customer base that you can check in with as references.
- Price. You’ll want all the above, but you won’t want a pricing structure that outweighs the benefits.
Are there any specifics that you need to consider?
All of the above factors are important in an effective business storage solution, so ideally you want to find a company that can offer the complete package. There are some specific questions that you might like to ask:
- is 24-hour monitoring available?
- is BT redcare available?
- what about the partitions between your items and those belonging to other people – how strong, secure, and ring-fenced are they?
- how and when can you gain access?
- do you only pay for the space that you need?
- what’s the minimum amount of space that you can utilise?
- can you get storage cartons and tape?
- can you get recommendations on local removal and transport companies?
- can you benefit from discounts by pre-paying and/or committing to longer space rentals?
- can you get sound, objective and pragmatic advice?
If you get satisfactory answers to all of these questions – you’re on the right track. But how easy is it to find such a company?
Chelsea Self Storage
The good news is – you’ve found one! Here at Chelsea Storage we’ve been providing business storage (as well as personal) for thirty years. Our highly trained staff are experts in their field, and have an outstanding successful track record in advising and helping businesses to manage their storage requirements – big or small, long-term or short-term, complex or straightforward.
We are conveniently located a short walk from the Kings Road in Chelsea, and have satisfied clients across London who can testify to our capability and customer service.
Click here for our home page; here for a link to our business storage details, and here if you want to contact us on-line. Alternatively call us on 0808 168 1310 (Freephone) or 0207 351 6800 and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.